Thursday, January 1, 2015

The All Knowing God.

     O Lord, thou hast searched me and known me. Thou dost know when I sit down, and when I rise up; Thou dost understand my thought from afar. Thou dost scrutinize my path and my lying down, and art intimately acquainted with all my ways. Even before there is a word on my tongue, behold O Lord, thou dost know it all.
                                 Psalm 139:1-4 NASB

     God is the all knowing, all seeing God. There is nothing that we can do that He is not aware of. Even our very inner thoughts He discerns. He hears our speech, and knows what we will say before we speak. 
     As the eternal God who has always existed, His knowledge has always existed as well. Nothing is new to God, nothing takes Him by surprise. As the ever present God who fills all things, nothing is hidden from His sight.
     God is very awesome indeed! He has known all before the foundations of the world were laid. This same God who sent Jesus to die for our sins, knew that we would fall before He even created us. 
     Once again, we find these things hard to grasp as we view God in all of His majesty and greatness. This should encourage a healthy fear of of the Lord within us, which is the beginning of wisdom, leading us to the knowledge of Him.
     
     

No comments:

Post a Comment